Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home School program at O2B Kids

Taylor and I went on a field trip to the Fleming Island O2B Kids with our Moms Club last week and while there received some information on their home school program.
It seems wonderful...I'm seriously contemplating it because it covers so many of the resource classes I was searching for (art, pe, science, spanish)

Here is the schedule for 5-7 yr olds:

attend on Wednesdays:
Fitness Fun (PE) 10:00am
Art Expressions 10:30
Spanish Beginnings 11:00
Lunch/Recess 11:30
Book Club 12:15
Music & Movement 12:45
Explore Your World (Science?) 1:15
Book Club 1:45

They allow you to come and try out the classes before you enroll, so we may do that. Cost per month is $89 ($50 registration fee). But if you think how much it would cost to enroll in each class independently, it really saves you a lot of money and makes sense. So I'm still thinking it through..any one else interested?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great. It is certainly cheaper than paying for private school!! Go for it, Shannon.

    Amanda already has tap and ballet classes and Chinese New Year dance practices, Chinese language classes and we have routine field trips to the public library and nature center planned. As well as an occasional children's theatre production. I feel my calendar is quite full at this point, considering my limited activity level.

    With you teaching Taylor the math and reading at home, this Wednesday "school day" should really round-out your program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! I'm seriously considering it...I think the range in lessons will keep her interested. Or at least I'm hoping so...I'll see how she does at the trial class and see if she will be challenged enough. Then to figure out what to do with myself in Fleming Island for 4 hours! We'll see.

    ReplyDelete